Rope's main goal is being a good refactoring tool for python. If you
like to contribute, well, there are many open issues in rope*
bitbucket issue tracker waiting to be addressed, and you're welcome!
How to Help Rope?
Join rope-dev mailing list.
You can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.
- Use rope
- Send bug reports and request features
- Submit patches for bugs or new features
- Discuss your ideas
Rope package structure:
- rope.base: the base part of rope
- rope.refactor: refactorings and tools used in them
- rope.contrib: IDE helpers
Have a look at "__init__.py" of these packages or
library.txt for more information.
Patches are welcome.
- Follow PEP 8.
- Use four spaces for indentation.
- Include good unit-tests if possible.
- Rope test suite should pass after patching
- Use "hg export" format to preserve your identity